Artist Vendor Terms & Conditions
- Accepting these Terms
These Terms are a legally binding contract between you, the artist vendor and Buy Original Art.
This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use the services provided by Buy Original Art. Be sure to read it carefully.
By using our Services you’re agreeing to the Terms. If you don’t agree with the Terms, you may not use our Services.
- You must be 18 or older to use our services.
- You are responsible for the activity on your account. Please don’t share your password.
- Artists receive 89% commission from the initial product price, not including tax. (Shipping is included in product price). It is the responsibility of the artist to pay shipping costs.
- The minimum product price is $55.00.
- You attest to the fact that your art work is handmade, and is an original creation or design and is not a copyright infringement. Example: you may not sell work that includes designs originally created by other artists like Disney, Warner Bros., etc.
- You can not sell reproductions of your own original art, like prints, giclee, or greeting cards.
- In order to keep our website trustworthy and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing
- Obscene or vulgar
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or copyright
- False, deceptive, or misleading
- Buy Original Art does not allow the sale of pornographic items. We do however allow the sale of items that include nudity. What is considered pornographic versus artistic is at the sole discretion of Buy Original Art. In the event pornographic work is posted, it will be removed by the sales team, and you will be notified.
- You can post as many of your original works as you would like. Products not sold within 90 days may be removed to make space for newer products.
- You are responsible for fulfillment and the shipment of the orders. We recommend purchasing insurance when shipping orders. Buy Original Art is not responsible for lost or damaged shipments.
- You are responsible for any refunds requested by the customer for defective or returned items.
- You agree to allow the Buy Original Art to promote you and your products in online and print communications.
- Buy Original Art will payout the charity commissions on a quarterly basis. The charitable contribution amounts will be shared with you in our vendor email news updates.
- Buy Original Art will claim the charitable donations when filing taxes.
- You agree to allow Buy Original Art communicate with you via email, phone and US mail, if needed.
- Buy Original Art assumes responsibility for the payment of sales tax for items sold to our customers located in the State of Florida. As an Artist Vendor, you do NOT have to pay Florida state sales tax for sales made through this website.
- Buy Original Art does not allow the sale of virtual products, example music downloads.
- Any use of Buy Original Art to harass customers or Artist Vendors is strictly prohibited.
- We honor our customer’s privacy and trust. You may receive a customer’s email address or other personal information when a customer purchases your product. This information may only be used for Buy Original Art related communications. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s explicit consent, you may not add any Buy Original Art customers to your email mailing list or misuse any payment related information.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the customer and cancel the order. If you need assistance, contact the sales team.
- Buy Original Art reserves the right to remove any products that are considered inappropriate or unacceptable.
- We do not offer any warranties for product quality, safety or even their legality. Any legal claim related to an item a customer purchases must be brought directly against the Artist Vendor that’s selling the item. You release Buy Original Art from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations or items that caused physical injury (example: product liability claims).
- We may update these Terms. When the terms are updated we will notify you by: (1) posting the changes on the website with a notification on the home page, or (2) sending you an email or message about the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes and can determine if you’d like to continue to use our services.